Enrique Cantarell Diaz's Amanecer Serrano was a convincing 2 1/4-length victor March 21 at Hipodromo de las Americas in Mexico while becoming the first winner for California-based freshman sire Sierra Sunset.
California-based sire Mesa Thunder picked up his first winner Oct. 9 when Aloha Ke Akua rallied from last of five and drew off in the stretch to post a 5 1/2-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Fresno.
After a successful first breeding season, California stallion Smiling Tiger is being moved to John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., co-owner Phil Lebherz confirmed Sept. 3.
The first reported offspring by grade II winner Sierra Sunset is a filly born Jan. 10.
Northern Indy, a stakes-winning, graded stakes-placed son of A.P. Indy, will stand in 2013 at Paradise Road Ranch near Lathrop, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title