California sire Northern Indy got his first winner on the racetrack Sept. 9 at Golden Gate Fields, where Remmah Racing's 2-year-old gelding West Coast Indy won a maiden claiming race to kick off the Friday card.
California-based freshman sire Run Brother Ron saw his first winner Sept. 18 when Gunslinger Rules drew off in the stretch to score a five-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Stockton (San Joaquin Fair).
Enrique Cantarell Diaz's Amanecer Serrano was a convincing 2 1/4-length victor March 21 at Hipodromo de las Americas in Mexico while becoming the first winner for California-based freshman sire Sierra Sunset.
California-based sire Mesa Thunder picked up his first winner Oct. 9 when Aloha Ke Akua rallied from last of five and drew off in the stretch to post a 5 1/2-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Fresno.
After a successful first breeding season, California stallion Smiling Tiger is being moved to John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., co-owner Phil Lebherz confirmed Sept. 3.
The first reported offspring by grade II winner Sierra Sunset is a filly born Jan. 10.
Northern Indy, a stakes-winning, graded stakes-placed son of A.P. Indy, will stand in 2013 at Paradise Road Ranch near Lathrop, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends