California sire Northern Indy got his first winner on the racetrack Sept. 9 at Golden Gate Fields, where Remmah Racing's 2-year-old gelding West Coast Indy won a maiden claiming race to kick off the Friday card.
California-based freshman sire Run Brother Ron saw his first winner Sept. 18 when Gunslinger Rules drew off in the stretch to score a five-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Stockton (San Joaquin Fair).
Enrique Cantarell Diaz's Amanecer Serrano was a convincing 2 1/4-length victor March 21 at Hipodromo de las Americas in Mexico while becoming the first winner for California-based freshman sire Sierra Sunset.
California-based sire Mesa Thunder picked up his first winner Oct. 9 when Aloha Ke Akua rallied from last of five and drew off in the stretch to post a 5 1/2-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Fresno.
After a successful first breeding season, California stallion Smiling Tiger is being moved to John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., co-owner Phil Lebherz confirmed Sept. 3.
The first reported offspring by grade II winner Sierra Sunset is a filly born Jan. 10.
Northern Indy, a stakes-winning, graded stakes-placed son of A.P. Indy, will stand in 2013 at Paradise Road Ranch near Lathrop, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista