Game On Dude, who was retired from racing Sept. 18 as the only three-time Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner, will be paraded between the sixth and seventh races Saturday, Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Five of the seven Breeders' Cup winners with Churchill Downs ties will be paraded beneath the Twin Spires Nov. 11.
Smarty Jones, the gutsy colt whose quest for a Triple Crown was sidetracked by Birdstone in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of a short item in the Oct. 10 issue of Parade magazine, which is supplement inside many Sunday newspapers.
From May 23 until June 7, when Belmont Park will host the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the race will be celebrated almost daily in greater New York City. There is a Belmont Festival at Chinatown; a hot dog eating contest, a street festival, and a hat contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special