This summer, Pam and Marty Wygod's homebred Prospect Park has gone from prospect to proven racehorse.
Mike Smith likely saved multiple grade I winner Shared Belief from additional injury by pulling him up in the April 18 Charles Town Classic (gr. II), as diagnostic work revealed a non-displaced fracture of his right hip.
Harmonious, a leading 3-year-old turf filly in 2010 for Martin, Pam, and Emily Wygod, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
The California Cup yearling sale will get an added boost this year from a dispersal of California breeding stock owned by Martin and Pam Wygod.
There are 61 mares and 35 foals of 2010 are in the dispersal of Martin and Pam Wygod's California breeding stock.
Marty and Pam Wygod will disperse their California bloodstock at Barretts this coming October and eventually plan to sell their River Edge Farm near Buellton.
After Market, the 3-5 favorite ridden by Alex Solis, enhanced his reputation as one of America's outstanding horses on grass Sunday with a sparkling victory in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test