Ten-year-old Gustavian, an Eclipse Award finalist for champion steeplechase horse in 2013, was euthanized Sept. 16 because of complications from a paddock accident, said trainer Leslie Young.
For the second time in three years, trainer Jack Fisher and jockey Paddy Young teamed to win the A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase at Saratoga Race Course, this time with Choral Society Aug. 6.
Mr. Hot Stuff, with Paddy Young in the irons, pulled away from early leader Brave Prospect to capture the $100,000 A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase Stakes (NSA-I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Slip Away is named 2010 champion Steeplechaser based on his 25-plus length score in the Colonial Cup Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I).
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Slip Away swept to the lead approaching the Springdale Course's final turn and powered away to a remarkable 25 3/4-length victory in the Colonial Cup Steeplechase at Camden, S.C., on Nov. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training