Ten-year-old Gustavian, an Eclipse Award finalist for champion steeplechase horse in 2013, was euthanized Sept. 16 because of complications from a paddock accident, said trainer Leslie Young.
For the second time in three years, trainer Jack Fisher and jockey Paddy Young teamed to win the A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase at Saratoga Race Course, this time with Choral Society Aug. 6.
Mr. Hot Stuff, with Paddy Young in the irons, pulled away from early leader Brave Prospect to capture the $100,000 A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase Stakes (NSA-I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Slip Away is named 2010 champion Steeplechaser based on his 25-plus length score in the Colonial Cup Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I).
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Slip Away swept to the lead approaching the Springdale Course's final turn and powered away to a remarkable 25 3/4-length victory in the Colonial Cup Steeplechase at Camden, S.C., on Nov. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes