For the second time in three years, trainer Jack Fisher and jockey Paddy Young teamed to win the A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase at Saratoga Race Course, this time with Choral Society Aug. 6.
Mr. Hot Stuff, with Paddy Young in the irons, pulled away from early leader Brave Prospect to capture the $100,000 A. P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase Stakes (NSA-I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Slip Away is named 2010 champion Steeplechaser based on his 25-plus length score in the Colonial Cup Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I).
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Slip Away swept to the lead approaching the Springdale Course's final turn and powered away to a remarkable 25 3/4-length victory in the Colonial Cup Steeplechase at Camden, S.C., on Nov. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown