A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
Two panel sessions at Thoroughbred Ownership Conference focused on buying horses at auction and trainer selection and communication. Penny Chenery made a special appearance at the conference Oct. 14.
About 300 owners, prospective owners, and other industry stakeholders are expected to participate in the first Thoroughbred Owners Conference Oct. 13-16 in Lexington.
Attendees who register by Aug. 15 for the inaugural Thoroughbred Owner Conference in Lexington will receive an iPad mini as a bonus upon arrival at the Oct. 13-16 event.
Gary Player, a legend in the golfing world and a longtime Thoroughbred owner, breeder, and advocate of Thoroughbred aftercare, will deliver the keynote address when OwnerView, the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.
OwnerView, a website and information resource developed by The Jockey Club and TOBA to assist both current and prospective owners, will host a national two-day ownership conference in October 2014 at Keeneland.
OwnerView said Oct. 22 it has launched a free service that will cover topics such as business plans, ownership options, licensing, costs and expenses, and aftercare.
OwnerView, the website developed by The Jockey Club and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association to assist Thoroughbred owners, has added sections devoted to veterinary care and racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound