Javier Castellano was voted outstanding jockey after he exceeded his own previous single-season earnings record as his mounts in 2015 earned $28,120,767, surpassing his previous mark of $26,219,907 in 2013.
Javier Castellano won his first Eclipse Award with a record-breaking year in 2013. The jockey rode mounts that earned $26,213,507, surpassing Ramon Dominguez's previous mark of $25,634,852 from 2012.
Joel Rosario was named outstanding jockey of 2013 at the ESPYS Presented by Capital One July 17 during an awards ceremony held in downtown Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.
The thoughts and best wishes of the racing industry went out to jockey Ramon Dominguez the night he was honored with his third consecutive Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire