Javier Castellano was voted outstanding jockey after he exceeded his own previous single-season earnings record as his mounts in 2015 earned $28,120,767, surpassing his previous mark of $26,219,907 in 2013.
Javier Castellano won his first Eclipse Award with a record-breaking year in 2013. The jockey rode mounts that earned $26,213,507, surpassing Ramon Dominguez's previous mark of $25,634,852 from 2012.
Joel Rosario was named outstanding jockey of 2013 at the ESPYS Presented by Capital One July 17 during an awards ceremony held in downtown Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.
The thoughts and best wishes of the racing industry went out to jockey Ramon Dominguez the night he was honored with his third consecutive Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes