Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Competition for outstanding apprentice jockey came down to Irad Ortiz, Jr., who lost his bug on Feb. 2, and Jose Montano, who was an apprentice most of the year. In the end, voters cast their votes for the true apprentice.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage