Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Competition for outstanding apprentice jockey came down to Irad Ortiz, Jr., who lost his bug on Feb. 2, and Jose Montano, who was an apprentice most of the year. In the end, voters cast their votes for the true apprentice.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation