Victor Carrasco beat out fellow Puerto Rican riders Manuel Franco and Edgard Zayas to win the 2013 Eclipse Award as the nation's outstanding apprentice jockey.
Statistically speaking, there's little separating jockeys Victor Carrasco, Manuel Franco, and Edgard Zayas, the three Puerto Rican-born finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Award as outstanding apprentice rider.
Competition for outstanding apprentice jockey came down to Irad Ortiz, Jr., who lost his bug on Feb. 2, and Jose Montano, who was an apprentice most of the year. In the end, voters cast their votes for the true apprentice.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field