Apriority, looking to establish himself as one of the top sprinters in the nation, heads a field of six for the $250,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park April 14.
Undefeated Trickmeister, making his first start in nearly 16 months, showed little rust Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park, winning the $60,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for his fifth consecutive triumph.
Classic winner Drosselmeyer had all he could handle from fast-improving Colizeo at Tampa Bay Downs one month ago. He takes on that rival once again in the $100,000 Skip Away Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park April 3.
Led by Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Super Saver and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Lookin At Lucky, one of the deepest fields in the 43-year history of the IZOD Haskell Invitational (gr. I) was drawn July 29 at Monmouth.
If you're befuddled by the wide-open Haskell field, consider Uptowncharlybrown at a price
Are the big named 3-year-olds about to get swept away by what looks to be a tsunami-like second wave about to hit the 3-year-old division? Read Blog
Monmouth Park followed its record-breaking opening day with another strong showing May 23. A total of $7,046,389 was wagered on the 11-race program, an increase of 126% over the corresponding day last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady