English-bred April Pride, fresh off her victory in last month's China Doll Stakes on the Santa Anita turf, ships in from California and was installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a wide-open edition of $100,000 Appalachian (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 16 .
A sloppy track failed to slow Rachel Alexandra, who outclassed five rivals in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners
- NYTHA Executive Director Gallagher Retires
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing