English-bred April Pride, fresh off her victory in last month's China Doll Stakes on the Santa Anita turf, ships in from California and was installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a wide-open edition of $100,000 Appalachian (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 16 .
A sloppy track failed to slow Rachel Alexandra, who outclassed five rivals in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga