A colt from the first crop of multiple group I winner Rip Van Winkle sold for the highest price of 230,000 guineas ($386,356 in United States funds) on the second day of Book 2 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale Oct 15.
French filly Vorda struck the front in the closing stages, scooting past the leading Princess Noor to win the Connolly's Red Mills Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies Sept. 28 at Newmarket.
A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Making her first United States start for trainer Ben Cecil, Missit needed the entire length of the stretch to collar Sweeter Still for a nose victory in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita grass course April 5.
Genre, closing from far back, was along just in time when the apparent winner of the $128,200 Cinema Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT), New Joysey Jeff, lost rider Jose Valdivia Jr. in mid-stretch Sunday on the Hollywood Park turf course.
Lure, a two-time Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner whose fertility problems at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., resulted in the farm cashing in an insurance claim, has been returned to the historic farm to live out his final days.
Irish champion Orpen was represented by his first two winners within 10 minutes of each other
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes