Due to downturn in handle at its current meet, Golden Gate Fields is reducing purses by an average of 7.5%, canceling three stakes and reducing the purses of two other stakes, the track announced Feb. 12.
Irish jockey Jamie Spencer will have multiple views of Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 12 during the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races. He will guide Powerscourt from the inside, breaking from barrier one in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), Brian Boru from barrier four in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HK-I), and Antonius Pius from the far outside barrier 14 in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I).
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar