Due to downturn in handle at its current meet, Golden Gate Fields is reducing purses by an average of 7.5%, canceling three stakes and reducing the purses of two other stakes, the track announced Feb. 12.
Irish jockey Jamie Spencer will have multiple views of Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 12 during the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races. He will guide Powerscourt from the inside, breaking from barrier one in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), Brian Boru from barrier four in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HK-I), and Antonius Pius from the far outside barrier 14 in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound