Due to downturn in handle at its current meet, Golden Gate Fields is reducing purses by an average of 7.5%, canceling three stakes and reducing the purses of two other stakes, the track announced Feb. 12.
Irish jockey Jamie Spencer will have multiple views of Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 12 during the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races. He will guide Powerscourt from the inside, breaking from barrier one in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), Brian Boru from barrier four in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HK-I), and Antonius Pius from the far outside barrier 14 in the $14 million (HK) Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale