Front-running Accountforthegold peeled away from the field at the head of the stretch en route to his first open and graded stakes victory in the $110,100 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Centennial Farms' Reverberate, a colt expected to have a big future after his runner-up finishes in the Peter Pan and Jim Dandy (both gr. II) as a 3-year-old last year, tries once more to lock up his elusive first stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Majesty Stud's Organizer ended a winless 2006 on Saturday, waking up at the right time to score a 22-1 victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic, the nine-furlong feature on Belmont Park's New York Showcase Day.
Hardwicke Stable's Spite the Devil wore down Organizer inside the final furlong to win the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap for New York breds Saturday for the second year in a row at Belmont Park.
Spite the Devil and West Virginia, the first two finishers in last year's Empire Classic at Belmont Park, return for Saturday's renewal of the $250,000 race, the centerpiece of the $1 million New York Showcase Day for state breds.
After charging from 14 lengths back to win the Mike Lee Stakes at Belmont Park on June 26, Naughty New Yorker will face 11 foes on Saturday afternoon at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, as he looks to capture the 33rd renewal of the $150,000 New York Derby, and with it the second leg of the OTB's Big Apple Triple.
Naughty New Yorker, winner of the first leg of the "Big Apple Triple" last month, heads a field of 12 entered for the $150,000-added New York Derby Saturday at Finger Lakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win