Los Alamitos Race Course officials were planning to meet Feb. 1 with the city of Cypress, Calif., to begin discussing expansion of the Orange County facility to accommodate Thoroughbred racing and training.
The principal parties involved in a legal dispute over star runner Great Hunter have agreed on terms that could prevent controversy over the colt's scheduled start in the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), an attorney involved in the matter said.
Churchill Downs Inc., which owns Hollywood Park in Inglewood Calif., is considering building a new racetrack in the Golden State at an abandoned Marine Corps air base about 45 miles south of Hollywood in Irvine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont