A daughter of Yankee Gentleman brought $70,000 to top Equine Sales of Louisiana's inaugural yearling auction, which was held Sept. 5 in Opelousas, La.
Sara Arceneaux will assist consignors with their documentation at Equine Sales of Louisiana.
David Yount, the assistant general manager at Evangeline Downs, died last week after a year-long battle with cancer.
Evangeline Downs has announced a schedule of 25 stakes worth a record $2.015 million, an increase of more than 12% over last year, for the upcoming 2008 Spring/Summer meeting that begins April 9.
Officials at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino announced today Jason Boulet has been hired as racing secretary for the 2005 racing season. Boulet, currently working as a racing official at Fair Grounds in New Orleans, will assume his duties immediately. A Lafayette, La., native, Boulet has held numerous positions on both the backside and the frontside during his 14-year career.
Evangeline Downs officials are proceeding with their plan to move the Cajun country track up the road to take advantage of a law that permits slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win