Evangeline Downs officials have rescheduled the three stakes that were slated for the main track May 30 to now be run June 6.
A daughter of Yankee Gentleman brought $70,000 to top Equine Sales of Louisiana's inaugural yearling auction, which was held Sept. 5 in Opelousas, La.
Sara Arceneaux will assist consignors with their documentation at Equine Sales of Louisiana.
David Yount, the assistant general manager at Evangeline Downs, died last week after a year-long battle with cancer.
Evangeline Downs has announced a schedule of 25 stakes worth a record $2.015 million, an increase of more than 12% over last year, for the upcoming 2008 Spring/Summer meeting that begins April 9.
Officials at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino announced today Jason Boulet has been hired as racing secretary for the 2005 racing season. Boulet, currently working as a racing official at Fair Grounds in New Orleans, will assume his duties immediately. A Lafayette, La., native, Boulet has held numerous positions on both the backside and the frontside during his 14-year career.
Evangeline Downs officials are proceeding with their plan to move the Cajun country track up the road to take advantage of a law that permits slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win