The Ontario Harness Horse Association (OHHA) on July 25 offered its support to the proponents behind the EquiLottery initiative, a new horse racing product that adds lottery money directly into handle.
The Ontario horse racing industry is set to hold a rally Feb. 22 to fight off potential cuts in slot machine revenue it receives from the provincial government.
Canadian racing officials have formed a committee to develop a rehabilitation program for drug and alcohol abuse as part of the Ontario Racing Commission's regulatory structure.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks