Last into the stretch, Cactus Kris unleashed a thrilling burst of speed and swept past eight rivals in Ontario Fashion (gr. III) before nailing front-runner Endless Light in the final stride to win Oct. 18 at Woodbine.
Atlantic Hurricane won last year's Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on her way to a Sovereign Award as Canada's best female sprinter. She's back for another try.
Defending Ontario Fashion Stakes champion Winter Garden held on to her title with a display of speed and moxie at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby