Last into the stretch, Cactus Kris unleashed a thrilling burst of speed and swept past eight rivals in Ontario Fashion (gr. III) before nailing front-runner Endless Light in the final stride to win Oct. 18 at Woodbine.
Atlantic Hurricane won last year's Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on her way to a Sovereign Award as Canada's best female sprinter. She's back for another try.
Defending Ontario Fashion Stakes champion Winter Garden held on to her title with a display of speed and moxie at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen