Though Ontario-sired bonus payments were reduced for 2016, Woodbine and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protection Association said there is no plan to eliminate the program for 2017-18.
Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Feb. 27 jointly announced restructuring of the Ontario-sired Thoroughbred racing overnight program at Woodbine.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Ontario Racing Commission March 25 approved $47.1 million Canadian for the 2009 Horse Improvement Program, which funds stakes, breed development, and equine research for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Art Exhibit and Sale at Santa Anita Park
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions