Though Ontario-sired bonus payments were reduced for 2016, Woodbine and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protection Association said there is no plan to eliminate the program for 2017-18.
Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Feb. 27 jointly announced restructuring of the Ontario-sired Thoroughbred racing overnight program at Woodbine.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Ontario Racing Commission March 25 approved $47.1 million Canadian for the 2009 Horse Improvement Program, which funds stakes, breed development, and equine research for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity