Though Ontario-sired bonus payments were reduced for 2016, Woodbine and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protection Association said there is no plan to eliminate the program for 2017-18.
Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Feb. 27 jointly announced restructuring of the Ontario-sired Thoroughbred racing overnight program at Woodbine.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Ontario Racing Commission March 25 approved $47.1 million Canadian for the 2009 Horse Improvement Program, which funds stakes, breed development, and equine research for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Masochistic Looms in Pat O'Brien