Though Ontario-sired bonus payments were reduced for 2016, Woodbine and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protection Association said there is no plan to eliminate the program for 2017-18.
Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Feb. 27 jointly announced restructuring of the Ontario-sired Thoroughbred racing overnight program at Woodbine.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Ontario Racing Commission March 25 approved $47.1 million Canadian for the 2009 Horse Improvement Program, which funds stakes, breed development, and equine research for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen