Though Ontario-sired bonus payments were reduced for 2016, Woodbine and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protection Association said there is no plan to eliminate the program for 2017-18.
Dr. Naveed Chowhan finally acquired the filly Brooklynsway in November 2015, and she has rewarded him and trainer Bernie Flint with a solid 2016 campaign.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Feb. 27 jointly announced restructuring of the Ontario-sired Thoroughbred racing overnight program at Woodbine.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Ontario Racing Commission March 25 approved $47.1 million Canadian for the 2009 Horse Improvement Program, which funds stakes, breed development, and equine research for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000