National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials reinforced the organization's impartial position on potential federal drug oversight in a legislative briefing with horsemen, owners, and horseplayers at Del Mar Aug. 21.
The House Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade of the House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing Dec. 10 at 12:30 p.m. on "The State of Online Gaming.
Churchill Downs announced March 11 it will launch the 2013 version of its free "Road to the Roses" online fantasy game with a registration period that runs from March 22-28.
The Delaware Lottery has issued a request for proposal for its planned Internet gaming system, and the racing industry is negotiating a revenue split with the state and racetrack casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm