Groups seeking to block a Finger Lakes-area casino in upstate New York have been formally joined by a politically powerful and financially deep-pocketed ally: the Oneida Indian Nation.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made a deal with an upstate Native American tribe to block casino competition in return for settlement of long-standing land claim issues and the state getting a share of tribal casino's revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues