Groups seeking to block a Finger Lakes-area casino in upstate New York have been formally joined by a politically powerful and financially deep-pocketed ally: the Oneida Indian Nation.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made a deal with an upstate Native American tribe to block casino competition in return for settlement of long-standing land claim issues and the state getting a share of tribal casino's revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June