Groups seeking to block a Finger Lakes-area casino in upstate New York have been formally joined by a politically powerful and financially deep-pocketed ally: the Oneida Indian Nation.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made a deal with an upstate Native American tribe to block casino competition in return for settlement of long-standing land claim issues and the state getting a share of tribal casino's revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses