The California Horse Racing Board suspended A. C. Avila Feb. 27 for 60 days and fined the trainer $10,000 after one of the horses in his care tested positive for an elevated level of acepromazine.
Kentucky Horse Racing Commissioner Ned Bonnie suggested the regulator bring in outside help to investigate the events surrounding the victory by Masochistic in the third race on the May 3 Kentucky Derby day card at Churchill.
A dinner and dance event to benefit jockey Omar Berrio will be held after the races July 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Jockey Omar Berrio was back in the saddle at Santa Anita on the morning of Jan. 6, one week after suffering a mild stroke following the races.
Jockey Omar Berrio began the new year resting at Arcadia Methodist Hospital after suffering an apparent stroke following the races two days earlier.
Made for Magic became a graded stakes winner May 16 when she collared heavy favorite Wynning Ride by a half-length in the $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Omar Berrio was suspended for six months by Del Mar stewards Aug. 13 after he tested positive for cocaine.
Coming off a sixth-place finish in last month's Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), the Brazilian-bred River Savage bounded away from the 13-10 favorite Cantabria in the stretch for a two-length upset win the $107,300 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow