Grade II winner War Dancer will try to secure the most lucrative victory of his career when the 4-year-old son of War Front faces an expected 10 rivals in the $600,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 13.
Chris Block-trained 6-Year old loves the 1 1/2-mile distance and the Arlington Course. Stablemate Mister Marti Gras entered here and in Arlington Handicap
Cathy and Bob Zollars' Daddy Nose Best will attempt to notch his fourth consecutive victory when facing a full field of 13 other rivals in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
After two adventures in grade I company, trainer Graham Motion brings Wertheimer & Frere's homebred Nutello to the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland on Oct. 17.
Favored Temeraine, given a rail-skimming trip by Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens, slipped through for a neck victory in the $399,000 Kentucky Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on a stakes-filled afternoon at Kentucky Downs Sept. 14.
Trainer Chris Block has a solid success rate at Kentucky Downs, where his family's Team Block has run eight horses to three wins, three seconds, and a third in stakes competition over the years.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement