Grade II winner War Dancer will try to secure the most lucrative victory of his career when the 4-year-old son of War Front faces an expected 10 rivals in the $600,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 13.
Chris Block-trained 6-Year old loves the 1 1/2-mile distance and the Arlington Course. Stablemate Mister Marti Gras entered here and in Arlington Handicap
Cathy and Bob Zollars' Daddy Nose Best will attempt to notch his fourth consecutive victory when facing a full field of 13 other rivals in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
After two adventures in grade I company, trainer Graham Motion brings Wertheimer & Frere's homebred Nutello to the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland on Oct. 17.
Favored Temeraine, given a rail-skimming trip by Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens, slipped through for a neck victory in the $399,000 Kentucky Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on a stakes-filled afternoon at Kentucky Downs Sept. 14.
Trainer Chris Block has a solid success rate at Kentucky Downs, where his family's Team Block has run eight horses to three wins, three seconds, and a third in stakes competition over the years.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered