Grade II winner War Dancer will try to secure the most lucrative victory of his career when the 4-year-old son of War Front faces an expected 10 rivals in the $600,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 13.
Chris Block-trained 6-Year old loves the 1 1/2-mile distance and the Arlington Course. Stablemate Mister Marti Gras entered here and in Arlington Handicap
Cathy and Bob Zollars' Daddy Nose Best will attempt to notch his fourth consecutive victory when facing a full field of 13 other rivals in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
After two adventures in grade I company, trainer Graham Motion brings Wertheimer & Frere's homebred Nutello to the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland on Oct. 17.
Favored Temeraine, given a rail-skimming trip by Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens, slipped through for a neck victory in the $399,000 Kentucky Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on a stakes-filled afternoon at Kentucky Downs Sept. 14.
Trainer Chris Block has a solid success rate at Kentucky Downs, where his family's Team Block has run eight horses to three wins, three seconds, and a third in stakes competition over the years.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Prize Exhibit Takes on Older in Yellow Ribbon
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk