Black Caviar, Treve, and Wise Dan are to be recognized as the three top horses in the Longines World's Best Racehorse Ceremony at the gala dinner of the Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 6 in Hong Kong.
Horse of the Year Wise Dan will launch a title defense in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) from post 8 in a field of 10 off his only loss of 2013. Among his challengers is the horse who beat him, Silver Max.
First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Maxios upstaged favorite Olympic Glory in the Qatar Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 16 at Longchamp, romping home by five lengths in his second group I victory of 2013.
George Strawbridge's homebred Moonlight Cloud won a clash of top European stars Aug. 11 when the mare gamely held off outsider Olympic Glory to win the Prix Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville, France.
In a rousing finish in the first classic of the French season, Style Vendome tallied a fifth consecutive win by a neck in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I), or French Two Thousand Guineas, May 12 at Longchamp.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Olympic Glory and Silasol won the two races for juveniles on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard on Oct. 7 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick