Danzig, a prominent stallion ever since his freshman crop emerged, was represented by his 200th stakes winner.
Paradise Dancer stalked the pace, took a short lead in mid-stretch and then held off a game challenge from Finallymadeit to capture the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap (gr. III) by a neck Dec. 15 on the main track at Calder Race Course.
A convincing winner of back-to-back stakes races in Florida, Calder dirt specialist Electrify will be seeking his first graded win Oct. 13 as the 122-pound highweight in the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze