Two-year-old Hunt N Quest wins third race at Laurel Nov. 6, becomes first winner for West Virginia-based sire Hunt Crossing.
Dance to Bristol takes Ollie Figgins III to the big stage. Download Now
Bowie-based Dance to Bristol was honored in a retirement ceremony by the Maryland Jockey Club between the fourth and fifth races Nov. 16 at Laurel Park following her stellar 4-year-old campaign.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Dance to Bristol, who won seven consecutive stakes this year to earn a trip to the Breeders' Cup, will be honored with a retirement ceremony at Laurel Park Nov. 16.
Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) contender Dance to Bristol put in her final work at the Bowie Training Center Oct. 25, going five furlongs in a bullet :58 3/5.
Coming from off the pace in the $200,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course, Susan Wantz's Dance to Bristol extended her win streak to six with her July 29 victory.
Dance to Bristol danced to an easy victory in her first graded stakes attempt, the June 15 Bed o' Roses Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park, when she seized the lead just outside the eighth pole and prevailed by 2 3/4 lengths.
Withgreatpleasure, the lone graded stakes winner entered in the Bed o' Roses (gr. III) at Belmont Park June 15, is looking to boost her record with another prestigious victory when she faces five others.
Dance to Bristol, giving the biggest effort of her career, waltzed to a nine-length romp in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million