Arqana's Deauville yearling sale has seven yearlings by champion Sea The Stars. The sale company also hopes to attract U.S. participants with custom tours of the D-Day landing beaches near Normandy.
Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale closed out its four-day run Oct. 21 in France with increases of 21.3% in gross revenue, 8.1% in average price, and 16.7% in median price from 2009.
L'Agence Francaise -- the company operating Deauville sales -- and rival Goffs France have joined forces in a new venture backed by the Aga Khan.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third