C. R. Trout's Shotgun Kowboy, an Oklahoma-bred who last year showed enough promise to warrant a start in the grade I Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs, will make his third start off a layoff in the May 6 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park.
Four of the top five finishers from the 2013 Oklahoma Classics Cup Stakes, led by winner Imahit, will return Oct. 17 for another run at the $175,000 purse on a 10-race program of stakes races for Oklahoma-breds at Remington.
Eligible Oklahoma-bred horses competing at Remington Park are eligible for higher purse supplements.
Organizers of the first Oklahoma City Summer Thoroughbred Yearling Sale, which produced a sale-topper that sold for $50,000, indicated the results are a sign of good things to come.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand