C. R. Trout's Shotgun Kowboy, an Oklahoma-bred who last year showed enough promise to warrant a start in the grade I Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs, will make his third start off a layoff in the May 6 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park.
Four of the top five finishers from the 2013 Oklahoma Classics Cup Stakes, led by winner Imahit, will return Oct. 17 for another run at the $175,000 purse on a 10-race program of stakes races for Oklahoma-breds at Remington.
Eligible Oklahoma-bred horses competing at Remington Park are eligible for higher purse supplements.
Organizers of the first Oklahoma City Summer Thoroughbred Yearling Sale, which produced a sale-topper that sold for $50,000, indicated the results are a sign of good things to come.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup