What great things might come from the combination of eventing legend Phillip Dutton and track hero Icabad Crane? read blog
A horse competition in Staunton, Ill., Oct. 20 will be held to benefit Thoroughbreds Helping Thoroughbreds, an organization that aims to promote the retired Thoroughbred as a capable horse breed for competition off the track.
The Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines after racing or breeding careers, is offering a performance award pilot program for the second half of 2013.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and California Retirement Management Account have announced a new matching funds program beginning with the upcoming 2013 race meeting at the seaside track opening July 17.
New Vocations is accepting resumes for the third annual Olivia M. Saylor Internship. The internship is a five-month paid position at the New Vocations Lexington facility.
Two days before riding Mylute to a fifth-place finish in the Kentucky Derby May 5, jockey Rosie Napravnik was appointed to the board of directors of Old Friends Farm. They are "thrilled to have her," said Michael Blowen.
The Thoroughbred Horse Show Association is taking entries for its second spring event April 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Learning how to use social media to boost public knowledge of aftercare facilities was one of the themes on the second and final day of a professional education seminar offered by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru