An active third and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 22 in Ocala, Fla. fueled new sale open session records for average and median prices.
Figures rose across the board for the second straight day at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21 in Ocala, Fla.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2013 August Yearling Sale, with 841 youngsters cataloged, begins its three-day run Tuesday, Aug. 20.
A colt by Old Fashioned consigned by Bobby Jones Equine topped the final open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August Yearling Sale in Central Florida on Aug. 23, selling to trainer Greg Gilchrist for $55,000.
A colt by Kitten's Joy topped the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August Yearling Sale in Central Florida on Aug. 22, selling to Al Pike, agent, for $110,000.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale finished its four-day run in Central Florida Thursday with declines in gross revenue and average price.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale got off to a slower start than it did a year ago. During Monday's select session, the gross revenue, average price, and median price fell by 9.1%, 11.8%, and 8.6%, respectively. But OBS officials said the drops were not surprising.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru