The 2013 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s juvenile sale season gets under way Tuesday, March 12, with the first session of the March selected sale of 2-year-olds in training.
New York-based trainer Steve Klesaris went to $550,000 to acquire a son of Phone Trick to highlight the Feb. 8 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company reported there were no positive results of random drug tests taken on horses that worked out Jan. 29 in preparation for Tuesday's 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course. OBSC took blood samples from 21 horses that took part in the first Under Tack Show. An additional 22 horses were tested randomly during Sunday's second Under Tack Show. "Everything went well," OBSC general manager and sales director Tom Ventura said of the testing.
Most Popular Stories
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery