The 2013 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s juvenile sale season gets under way Tuesday, March 12, with the first session of the March selected sale of 2-year-olds in training.
New York-based trainer Steve Klesaris went to $550,000 to acquire a son of Phone Trick to highlight the Feb. 8 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company reported there were no positive results of random drug tests taken on horses that worked out Jan. 29 in preparation for Tuesday's 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course. OBSC took blood samples from 21 horses that took part in the first Under Tack Show. An additional 22 horses were tested randomly during Sunday's second Under Tack Show. "Everything went well," OBSC general manager and sales director Tom Ventura said of the testing.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives