The 2013 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s juvenile sale season gets under way Tuesday, March 12, with the first session of the March selected sale of 2-year-olds in training.
New York-based trainer Steve Klesaris went to $550,000 to acquire a son of Phone Trick to highlight the Feb. 8 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company reported there were no positive results of random drug tests taken on horses that worked out Jan. 29 in preparation for Tuesday's 2-year-olds in training sale at Calder Race Course. OBSC took blood samples from 21 horses that took part in the first Under Tack Show. An additional 22 horses were tested randomly during Sunday's second Under Tack Show. "Everything went well," OBSC general manager and sales director Tom Ventura said of the testing.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell