Magna Entertainment Corp. has received conditional approval from the Pennsylvania State Harness Racing Commission to sell The Meadows, a western Pennsylvania harness track, for $225 million.
On the same day it reported a third-quarter loss of $34.5 million, Magna Entertainment Corp. announced it entered into a deal to sell its Pennsylvania operation--The Meadows harness track and a ring of off-track betting parlors in the western part of the state--to Millennium Gaming and Oaktree Capital Management for $225 million.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- United Tote Renews With Keeneland, Red Mile
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field