After Oakleigh Farm operator Paul Sutton was injured by a yearling, his friend Steve Watkins stepped in to manage Oakleigh's Fasig-Tipton October consignment.
Champagne Stakes winner Havana, undefeated in his first two starts for Michael Tabor, John Magnier, and Derrick Smith, is one of six 2-year-olds in training sale graduates pre-entered in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
The second-highest-priced horse sold at this week's Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale -- a Chief Seattle filly purchased Tuesday for $270,000 by bloodstock agent Buzz Chace -- was bought privately for $29,000 by pinhooker John Brocklebank less than 24 hours earlier and should have been scratched, according to Fasig-Tipton officials.
A strapping bay son of Elusive Quality topped the second session of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont