After Oakleigh Farm operator Paul Sutton was injured by a yearling, his friend Steve Watkins stepped in to manage Oakleigh's Fasig-Tipton October consignment.
Champagne Stakes winner Havana, undefeated in his first two starts for Michael Tabor, John Magnier, and Derrick Smith, is one of six 2-year-olds in training sale graduates pre-entered in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
The second-highest-priced horse sold at this week's Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale -- a Chief Seattle filly purchased Tuesday for $270,000 by bloodstock agent Buzz Chace -- was bought privately for $29,000 by pinhooker John Brocklebank less than 24 hours earlier and should have been scratched, according to Fasig-Tipton officials.
A strapping bay son of Elusive Quality topped the second session of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad