Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile