Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Live Chat - Friday, April 3 at NOON EDT
- Live Video: Fasig-Tipton Texas Sale
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot