The New Zealand Bloodstock National weanling sale continued May 12, before wrapping up a solid two days of trade at Karaka.
Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training