The New Zealand Bloodstock National weanling sale continued May 12, before wrapping up a solid two days of trade at Karaka.
Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby