Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A pair of colts by recently deceased sire Thorn Park brought the top two highest prices at the second session at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Records Fall at Inglis Premier Yearling Sale
- KY House Passes BC Tax Break Legislation
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Gleeson Named to Grayson Research Position