Powerscourt gave his Ballydoyle connections something to celebrate with a six-length romp in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) Sunday at The Curragh to hand Aidan O'Brien his first group I triumph of the season.
American-bred Vangelis got a well-timed ride from leading French jockey Christophe Soumillon to win the Prix d'Harcourt (Fr-II) for older horses at 1 1/4 miles at Longchamp Sunday.
Bandari, trained by Mark Johnston for Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum, will be bidding to become the first winner of the Rothmans Royals St Leger for 29 years trained in that county -- since Peleid in 1973 -- when he takes on nine rivals in the final classic of the British season at Doncaster Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death