It appears increasingly likely that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will get his desire to extend the life of the state's control over the New York Racing Association.
The leaders of the New York Racing Association will start outlining a path for the racing giant's future at a board meeting Nov. 12, and it could be a precursor to talks at the state Capitol next year.
The New York Racing Association Oct. 17 expressed its full support of the New York State Gaming Commission's proposed rules on threshold limits for therapeutic medications on race day.
The New York Racing Association board of directors will be dominated by a new panel of members selected by Gov. Andrew Cuomo and state legislative leaders under a deal announced May 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen