The New York Gaming Commission's board Nov. 1 rejected a hearing officer's recommendation to drop a suspension order against Thoroughbred jockey Luis Saez for a "careless riding" incident and demanded a new examination into the matter.
The New York Gaming Commission said March 20 it is investigating allegations of "abuse and mistreatment" of Thoroughbreds after receiving information gleaned from an undercover investigation performed by PETA.
Racing regulators in New York gave preliminary approval to new threshold levels for 24 equine drugs as well as hefty fines for racetracks, lottery agents, and others who let underage people gamble.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Stakes and Chops
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight