The New York Gaming Commission's board Nov. 1 rejected a hearing officer's recommendation to drop a suspension order against Thoroughbred jockey Luis Saez for a "careless riding" incident and demanded a new examination into the matter.
The New York Gaming Commission said March 20 it is investigating allegations of "abuse and mistreatment" of Thoroughbreds after receiving information gleaned from an undercover investigation performed by PETA.
Racing regulators in New York gave preliminary approval to new threshold levels for 24 equine drugs as well as hefty fines for racetracks, lottery agents, and others who let underage people gamble.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win