U. Carrot Farm's Marialite won the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (Jpn-I) by a neck from fast-closing favorite Nuovo Record Nov. 15 at Kyoto.
Gold Ship heads the 16-horse field for the Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), in which he will bid for an unprecedented third win in the race June 28 at Hanshin.
The runner-up in last year's Queen Elizabeth II Cup (Jpn-I), Lachesis proved best in this year's edition Nov. 16 when winning by neck from Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) victress Nuovo Record at Kyoto.
Shonan Pandora nabbed the final jewel of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies in record time, striking at 10-1 odds in the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto while denying Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) winner Nuovo Record.
Nuovo Record won the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) May 25 at Tokyo, narrowly denying overwhelming favorite and runner-up Harp Star a second classic victory.
Harp Star completed an eye-catching last to first rally in the Oka Sho (Jpn, I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas), a stylish victory that kicked off the classic season in Japan April 13 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo