Nuovo Record made a triumphant Del Mar debut Nov. 24 with an exciting nose victory over even-money favorite Arles in the featured $100,000 Red Carpet Handicap (gr. IIIT).
The $100,000 Red Carpet Handicap (gr. IIIT) will have a distinct international flavor Nov. 24 at Del Mar.
The original plan was for Nuovo Record to run in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), then stop over and train at Del Mar for next month's Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
The stars will be out in force Saturday, as California Chrome, Arrogate, Tepin, Lady Eli, Flintshire, Frosted and a host of Aidan O'Brien horses, headed by iron filly Found, will be on display in what promises to be a memorable day of racing.
U. Carrot Farm's Marialite won the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (Jpn-I) by a neck from fast-closing favorite Nuovo Record Nov. 15 at Kyoto.
Gold Ship heads the 16-horse field for the Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), in which he will bid for an unprecedented third win in the race June 28 at Hanshin.
The runner-up in last year's Queen Elizabeth II Cup (Jpn-I), Lachesis proved best in this year's edition Nov. 16 when winning by neck from Japanese Oaks (Jpn-I) victress Nuovo Record at Kyoto.
Shonan Pandora nabbed the final jewel of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies in record time, striking at 10-1 odds in the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto while denying Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) winner Nuovo Record.
Nuovo Record won the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) May 25 at Tokyo, narrowly denying overwhelming favorite and runner-up Harp Star a second classic victory.
Harp Star completed an eye-catching last to first rally in the Oka Sho (Jpn, I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas), a stylish victory that kicked off the classic season in Japan April 13 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint