Tale of Ekati, off since winning the Hill 'N' Dale Cigar Mile (gr. I) by disqualification last November, will make his return to the racetrack in the $150,000 Richter Scale Sprint (gr. II) Feb. 14 at Gulfstream.
Four Roses Thoroughbreds' Anak Nakal, who was prominent on the Triple Crown trail in 2008 and later won the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), will make his 4-year-old debut against 13 rivals during Gulfstream Park's opening day $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3.
Now a Victor stalked the pace under John Velazquez and then wore down longtime leader Shopton Lane in the final sixteenth of a mile to take the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by a length on the main track at Aqueduct on Nov. 24.
Though making just his second start since February, Ontario-bred Buffalo Man could be the one to beat in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 24 at Aqueduct.
There's no Zanjero in the field, so Bwana Bull figures to be the colt to beat in the $250,000 Pegasus (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Monmouth Park Oct. 27. The race kicks off the three stakes supporting the eight-race Breeders' Cup series that day.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation