Tale of Ekati, off since winning the Hill 'N' Dale Cigar Mile (gr. I) by disqualification last November, will make his return to the racetrack in the $150,000 Richter Scale Sprint (gr. II) Feb. 14 at Gulfstream.
Four Roses Thoroughbreds' Anak Nakal, who was prominent on the Triple Crown trail in 2008 and later won the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), will make his 4-year-old debut against 13 rivals during Gulfstream Park's opening day $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3.
Now a Victor stalked the pace under John Velazquez and then wore down longtime leader Shopton Lane in the final sixteenth of a mile to take the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by a length on the main track at Aqueduct on Nov. 24.
Though making just his second start since February, Ontario-bred Buffalo Man could be the one to beat in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 24 at Aqueduct.
There's no Zanjero in the field, so Bwana Bull figures to be the colt to beat in the $250,000 Pegasus (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Monmouth Park Oct. 27. The race kicks off the three stakes supporting the eight-race Breeders' Cup series that day.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- The Devil You Say
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired