Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Ready's Image Filly Tops Breezes for LA Sale
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep