Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby