Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training