Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity