Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Trainer Rivelli Reaches 1,000th-Win Milestone
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records