Zippy Chippy, the popular 13-year-old maiden who has failed to earn a victory in 98 career starts, will give it another shot when he makes his 2004 debut Sept. 4 at the Three-County Fair in Northampton, Mass.
Zippy Chippy extended his winless streak in official races to 90 Sunday, when the 10-year-old gelding finished fifth in a five-furlong maiden special weight race at Northampton Fair.
Another dawdling start for winless 9-year-old gelding Zippy Chippy allowed minor league baseball player Jose Herrera to win their 40-yard match race by approximately three (horse) lengths prior to the International League's Rochester (N.Y.) Red Wings Thursday night home game against the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Baron's.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year