Murphy Farm Hay and Feed Company of Louisburg, N.C., has initiated a voluntary limited recall of alfalfa hay because of potential blister beetle contamination following the deaths of six horses.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
A cigarette tossed from a passing car is believed to be the cause of a tractor trailer fire that killed six Thoroughbreds being shipped from Florida to New York.
Magna Entertainment Corp.'s straw-processing plant in North Carolina, which will produce bedding for Magna's stable of racetracks, is expected to begin production late next week.
Magna Entertainment Corp. held a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for its new North American horse bedding manufacturing facility in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm