Murphy Farm Hay and Feed Company of Louisburg, N.C., has initiated a voluntary limited recall of alfalfa hay because of potential blister beetle contamination following the deaths of six horses.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
A cigarette tossed from a passing car is believed to be the cause of a tractor trailer fire that killed six Thoroughbreds being shipped from Florida to New York.
Magna Entertainment Corp.'s straw-processing plant in North Carolina, which will produce bedding for Magna's stable of racetracks, is expected to begin production late next week.
Magna Entertainment Corp. held a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for its new North American horse bedding manufacturing facility in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again