Murphy Farm Hay and Feed Company of Louisburg, N.C., has initiated a voluntary limited recall of alfalfa hay because of potential blister beetle contamination following the deaths of six horses.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
A cigarette tossed from a passing car is believed to be the cause of a tractor trailer fire that killed six Thoroughbreds being shipped from Florida to New York.
Magna Entertainment Corp.'s straw-processing plant in North Carolina, which will produce bedding for Magna's stable of racetracks, is expected to begin production late next week.
Magna Entertainment Corp. held a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for its new North American horse bedding manufacturing facility in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory