Murphy Farm Hay and Feed Company of Louisburg, N.C., has initiated a voluntary limited recall of alfalfa hay because of potential blister beetle contamination following the deaths of six horses.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
A cigarette tossed from a passing car is believed to be the cause of a tractor trailer fire that killed six Thoroughbreds being shipped from Florida to New York.
Magna Entertainment Corp.'s straw-processing plant in North Carolina, which will produce bedding for Magna's stable of racetracks, is expected to begin production late next week.
Magna Entertainment Corp. held a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for its new North American horse bedding manufacturing facility in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support