Murphy Farm Hay and Feed Company of Louisburg, N.C., has initiated a voluntary limited recall of alfalfa hay because of potential blister beetle contamination following the deaths of six horses.
Grade I winner Dayatthespa was named Horse of the Year for 2012 by the North Carolina Thoroughbred Association Feb. 2 at its annual awards dinner.
A cigarette tossed from a passing car is believed to be the cause of a tractor trailer fire that killed six Thoroughbreds being shipped from Florida to New York.
Magna Entertainment Corp.'s straw-processing plant in North Carolina, which will produce bedding for Magna's stable of racetracks, is expected to begin production late next week.
Magna Entertainment Corp. held a groundbreaking ceremony Monday for its new North American horse bedding manufacturing facility in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus