One year after a massive 50% drop in average price, the Sept. 7 open session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's sale of Canadian-bred yearlings at Woodbine took another hit.
Charles Fipke's Perfect Soul, sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup winner Perfect Shirl, will stand in 2013 at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm near Lexington for a fee of $7,500 stands and nurses.
Charles Fipke's homebred champion Perfect Soul (IRE), sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Perfect Shirl, will stand the 2012 breeding season at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm.
Lodge Hill, winner of the 2000 Breeders' Stakes for Eugene and Laura Melnyk and Bristow Farms, has been retired and will stand at Norse Ridge Farm near King Township, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal