One year after a massive 50% drop in average price, the Sept. 7 open session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's sale of Canadian-bred yearlings at Woodbine took another hit.
Charles Fipke's Perfect Soul, sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup winner Perfect Shirl, will stand in 2013 at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm near Lexington for a fee of $7,500 stands and nurses.
Charles Fipke's homebred champion Perfect Soul (IRE), sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Perfect Shirl, will stand the 2012 breeding season at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm.
Lodge Hill, winner of the 2000 Breeders' Stakes for Eugene and Laura Melnyk and Bristow Farms, has been retired and will stand at Norse Ridge Farm near King Township, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones