One year after a massive 50% drop in average price, the Sept. 7 open session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's sale of Canadian-bred yearlings at Woodbine took another hit.
Charles Fipke's Perfect Soul, sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup winner Perfect Shirl, will stand in 2013 at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm near Lexington for a fee of $7,500 stands and nurses.
Charles Fipke's homebred champion Perfect Soul (IRE), sire of 2011 Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Perfect Shirl, will stand the 2012 breeding season at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm.
Lodge Hill, winner of the 2000 Breeders' Stakes for Eugene and Laura Melnyk and Bristow Farms, has been retired and will stand at Norse Ridge Farm near King Township, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas