Clubhouse Ride, a $22,000 purchase from a 2010 Barretts sale who went on to earn more than $1.3 million, has been retired to stud at Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Old pro Clubhouse Ride slipped through along the inside and outfought odds-on favorite Fury Kapcori in the final furlong to register a gutty repeat win in the $200,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) May 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Clubhouse Ride, freed from Game On Dude for the first time in five months, finally had his day when he captured the $150,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) for his first graded stakes win June 1 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution