The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission has suspended trainer Julio Cartagena two years and fined him $2,500 for a positive drug test in a horse last September.
A circuit court in West Virginia has upheld the penalties levied against trainer Chris Grove for a Class 1 positive at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in 2012.
Maryland-based trainer Christopher Grove is targeting the "absolute insurer rule" in an appeal he has filed in the Circuit Court of Kanawha County in Charleston, W.Va.
The West Virginia Racing Commission has upheld the suspension of trainer Chris Grove for a 2012 positive test for a Class I substance after a race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
While a recent positive for Nikethamide is the first in more than a decade in U.S. racing, the dangerous nature of the Class I drug has the attention of regulators.
Stewards at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races have suspended trainer Christopher Grove for six months and fined him $5,000 for a major drug violation in a July race.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista