The 36th Asian Racing Conference begins Monday, Jan. 25 in Mumbai as Asian Racing Federation members join delegates from the six racing continents for the nearly biennial event.
International Federation of Horseracing Authorities chairman Louis Romanet has appointed Phil Smith, the British Horseracing Authority's head of handicapping, as co-chairman of the World's Best Racehorse Rankings Committee.
Two females, Australia's Black Caviar and Treve from France, shared top rating of 130 on the final World's Best Racehorse Rankings of 2013 published Jan. 15 by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities.
Good Ba Ba performed "to a whole new level" in the April 27 Champions Mile (HK-I), according to senior handicapper Nigel Gray, who believes the record-breaking miler must now be the equal of the best milers in the world.
Trainer John Moore is incensed the some racing commentators are favoring Packing Winner over his Viva Pataca in the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
A panel of international handicappers hailed the exploits of the top U.S. horses when the 2006 World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings were unveiled Tuesday, Jan. 16, in London, England.
Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) hero Hurricane Run was rated the top Northern Hemisphere performer of 2005 by the panel of international handicappers who announced the World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory