The 36th Asian Racing Conference begins Monday, Jan. 25 in Mumbai as Asian Racing Federation members join delegates from the six racing continents for the nearly biennial event.
International Federation of Horseracing Authorities chairman Louis Romanet has appointed Phil Smith, the British Horseracing Authority's head of handicapping, as co-chairman of the World's Best Racehorse Rankings Committee.
Two females, Australia's Black Caviar and Treve from France, shared top rating of 130 on the final World's Best Racehorse Rankings of 2013 published Jan. 15 by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities.
Good Ba Ba performed "to a whole new level" in the April 27 Champions Mile (HK-I), according to senior handicapper Nigel Gray, who believes the record-breaking miler must now be the equal of the best milers in the world.
Trainer John Moore is incensed the some racing commentators are favoring Packing Winner over his Viva Pataca in the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
A panel of international handicappers hailed the exploits of the top U.S. horses when the 2006 World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings were unveiled Tuesday, Jan. 16, in London, England.
Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) hero Hurricane Run was rated the top Northern Hemisphere performer of 2005 by the panel of international handicappers who announced the World Thoroughbred Racehorse Rankings Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap