During the seventh session of Keeneland's Sept. yearling sale, prices were stronger than the corresponding session of 2009
A filly by Dynaformer fetched $900,000 at the second select session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 13. Consigned by Eaton Sales, agent, she was bought by Nicoma, agent for Lael Stable.
Pussycat Doll, a grade I winner three separate years, has been retired from racing because of a foot abscess. Owned by Roy and Gretchen Jackson, she has been bred to Ghostzapper and pronounced in foal.
Gatewood Bell, son of Darley USA President Jimmy Bell, has joined the staff of Nicoma Bloodstock, it was announced Dec. 12.
Nicosia, Alice Chandler's mare of 34 years, was euthanized last week at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
The late John M.S. Finney once compared the science of Thoroughbred breeding with Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. "Where E represents equine investment," Finney said, "M represents money, and C represents confusion--E equals MC squared."
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby