During the seventh session of Keeneland's Sept. yearling sale, prices were stronger than the corresponding session of 2009
A filly by Dynaformer fetched $900,000 at the second select session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 13. Consigned by Eaton Sales, agent, she was bought by Nicoma, agent for Lael Stable.
Pussycat Doll, a grade I winner three separate years, has been retired from racing because of a foot abscess. Owned by Roy and Gretchen Jackson, she has been bred to Ghostzapper and pronounced in foal.
Gatewood Bell, son of Darley USA President Jimmy Bell, has joined the staff of Nicoma Bloodstock, it was announced Dec. 12.
Nicosia, Alice Chandler's mare of 34 years, was euthanized last week at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
The late John M.S. Finney once compared the science of Thoroughbred breeding with Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. "Where E represents equine investment," Finney said, "M represents money, and C represents confusion--E equals MC squared."
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox