Jockey Nick Santagata won his 4,000th race Tuesday at Penn National Race Course when Betsys Honor was placed first via disqualification in the second race.
Stonerside Stable Ltd's Fast Cookie rallied from last in a scratched down field of five and drew out through the final furlong to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Jockey Nick Santagata, injured during the post parade of the first race on Friday night when he fell from his mount Primal Passion, hopes to be back in the saddle and riding again in just one month.
R.D. Williams hits 3,500 winners...Rachel Lavoy out 4-6 weeks...Dogwood Dominion nomination time...Churchill Downs hosts Governor's Scholars...Arlington opens...Taylor Made interns celebrate graduation.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares