Jockey Nick Santagata won his 4,000th race Tuesday at Penn National Race Course when Betsys Honor was placed first via disqualification in the second race.
Stonerside Stable Ltd's Fast Cookie rallied from last in a scratched down field of five and drew out through the final furlong to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Jockey Nick Santagata, injured during the post parade of the first race on Friday night when he fell from his mount Primal Passion, hopes to be back in the saddle and riding again in just one month.
R.D. Williams hits 3,500 winners...Rachel Lavoy out 4-6 weeks...Dogwood Dominion nomination time...Churchill Downs hosts Governor's Scholars...Arlington opens...Taylor Made interns celebrate graduation.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes