Jockey Nick Santagata won his 4,000th race Tuesday at Penn National Race Course when Betsys Honor was placed first via disqualification in the second race.
Stonerside Stable Ltd's Fast Cookie rallied from last in a scratched down field of five and drew out through the final furlong to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Jockey Nick Santagata, injured during the post parade of the first race on Friday night when he fell from his mount Primal Passion, hopes to be back in the saddle and riding again in just one month.
R.D. Williams hits 3,500 winners...Rachel Lavoy out 4-6 weeks...Dogwood Dominion nomination time...Churchill Downs hosts Governor's Scholars...Arlington opens...Taylor Made interns celebrate graduation.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017