Jockey Nick Santagata won his 4,000th race Tuesday at Penn National Race Course when Betsys Honor was placed first via disqualification in the second race.
Stonerside Stable Ltd's Fast Cookie rallied from last in a scratched down field of five and drew out through the final furlong to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Jockey Nick Santagata, injured during the post parade of the first race on Friday night when he fell from his mount Primal Passion, hopes to be back in the saddle and riding again in just one month.
R.D. Williams hits 3,500 winners...Rachel Lavoy out 4-6 weeks...Dogwood Dominion nomination time...Churchill Downs hosts Governor's Scholars...Arlington opens...Taylor Made interns celebrate graduation.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud