Jockey Nick Santagata won his 4,000th race Tuesday at Penn National Race Course when Betsys Honor was placed first via disqualification in the second race.
Stonerside Stable Ltd's Fast Cookie rallied from last in a scratched down field of five and drew out through the final furlong to win the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Jockey Nick Santagata, injured during the post parade of the first race on Friday night when he fell from his mount Primal Passion, hopes to be back in the saddle and riding again in just one month.
R.D. Williams hits 3,500 winners...Rachel Lavoy out 4-6 weeks...Dogwood Dominion nomination time...Churchill Downs hosts Governor's Scholars...Arlington opens...Taylor Made interns celebrate graduation.
Most Popular Stories
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer