Mucho Macho Man was on the Santa Anita Park main track between races March 2 for his final timed workout before the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), a drill jockey Gary Stevens termed "a little romp in the park."
No decision has been made on where Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Mucho Macho Man will make his next start, but he left no doubt the morning of Feb. 8 that he is ready to run again.
Not Abroad and his jockey, Nick Petro, took advantage of an opening along the rail and won the $142,500 Maryland Million Classic Stakes Oct. 6 at Laurel Park.
Tim Cunningham's Ironton wrested the lead down the backstretch in the $75,000 Northern Dancer Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland breds and held it with a nose victory at the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Animal Disease Tracking Map Launched
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS