Regulatory body altered verbiage to move into line with court ruling, but issue currently only concerns Quarter Horse racing.
TOC president Nick Coukos believes surface changes should be made before multi-race wagers are initiated.
Despite multiple members expressing frustration with the way the process was handled, the California Horse Racing Board approved a reallocation of dates within the Northern California fair circuit April 21 during a meeting at Golden Gate Fields.
The California Horse Racing Board Feb. 25 approved a proposal from Santa Anita Park to offer gambling on an Arabian race in April, with pending legislation on the topic expected to pass soon in Sacramento.
Thoroughbred Owners of California announced Oct. 20 that Nick Coukos has accepted the position of president.
Canadian racing officials have formed a committee to develop a rehabilitation program for drug and alcohol abuse as part of the Ontario Racing Commission's regulatory structure.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint