Retired BMW dealer Nick Alexander gets runners by Grazen. download now
Tough Sunday's recovery from multiple health issues as a young horse proved nothing less than extraordinary when seemingly against all odds the colt made it to the races and became a winner last month at Santa Anita Park.
Tough Sunday defied the odds of a difficult birth and multiple serious health issues as a youngster to finally become a winning racehorse Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Increasing purses and reducing costs were primary topics at the Thoroughbred Owners of California open forum held at Santa Anita Feb. 8.
Trainer Ron Ellis and owner Nick Alexander are the newest members of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Board of Directors.
Luscious Lonna, claimed for $6,250 in 2011, posted a gate-to-wire upset victory in the $61,350 Golden Poppy Stakes at Golden Gate Fields April 7.
Hazardous will be taking a huge step in class as he goes from a $22,500 claiming event to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
Even-money morning-line favorite Grazen drew post position 3 for the $200,000 California Cup Classic presented by City National Bank at the draw breakfast Sept. 30.
Making his graded stakes debut in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III), favored Grazen was never headed while posting a 2 3/4-length win over five 3-year-old rivals at Hollywood Park June 20.
Luxury Flight, a filly by Flying Victor, brought the top price of $40,000 at American Equine Sales' Wine Country yearling sale on Tuesday at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby