The International Racing Bureau, which is headquartered in Newmarket, England, and has worked for many years in helping coordinate and manage overseas runners at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, has a new owner.
Veteran bloodstock agent Richard Galpin of Newmarket International is on life support at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in South Florida after becoming ill while in the Miami area for Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Number of horses sold, gross, average, and median fall Wednesday at Keeneland.
Wide Range, a 4-year-old daughter of Spectrum, brought the top price of 105,000 euros ($104,171) at the Goffs Ireland inaugural international select sale of horses in training on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown